Updated 26 June, 2022. Effective as of Monday, May 24, 2021, and in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are
Interchange (https://interchange.world) is a trading name of Ardcairn Ltd. Ardcairn Ltd is registered in Scotland No. SC599934.
All content within this site is copyright Ardcairn Ltd, with the exception of the following publications, which are jointly owned by Ardcairn Ltd (on behalf of author Gráinne Hamilton) and LDR21 LLC (on behalf of Jen Kelchner):
- Mesh: A human-centric organisational design for a decentralised world
- Insights Report: At the interchange of open culture & navigating futures
What you really need to know
It’s up to you: You have the right to opt-in or opt-out at any time.
Data we collect: We only collect data that helps us help you. We will never sell any information or data to any third party. Any data shared for research purposes will always be anonymous, raw data.
Technology Compliance: We only use third-party applications that are GDPR compliant to ensure the safety of your data. This includes applications for marketing, relationship management, servers, and back-of-house systems.
All the details
Collection of your information
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, and telephone number, that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as Masterclasses. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however, your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
The information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Software We Use
Privacy and security information for software used that may house your data:
Use of Your Information
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or for insight reports.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and promotions, and other information regarding our website and mobile application to you.
- Email you regarding your account or membership.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new services to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
Disclosure of Your Information
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Online Posts and Comments
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plugins, or settings.
Security of Your Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
Options Regarding Your Information
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You may delete your data at any time from your account settings. You may also choose to request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into user account settings and updating the user account.
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
Interchange | email@example.com