Code of Conduct
We are all here to connect and learn. In the Interchange Community we aim to enable debate, and create a psychologically safe space for everyone. It’s all of our responsibility to make sure fellow community members feel comfortable to contribute.
We are a community of people from every gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, language, neuro-type, size, ability, class, religion, culture, subculture, political opinion, age, skill level, occupation, and background.
This Code of Conduct applies to every environment and platform relating to the Interchange Community.
- Be kind and courteous. There’s no need to be unpleasant or rude.
- Respect that people have differences of opinion.
- Do not harass anyone publicly or privately. We interpret the term “harassment” in the following way:
- repeated behaviour intended to intimidate a person or make them feel unwelcome, including insulting, demeaning, spamming, trolling, flaming or baiting
- repeatedly interacting with a person after they have made it clear that further interaction is unwelcome
If you feel you have been or are being harassed by a community member, please contact our moderation team. Whether you’re a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this community a safe place for you.
These are the policies for upholding our community’s expectations of conduct. If you feel that a thread needs moderation or that you have experienced harassment, please contact the Interchange moderation team.
- If remarks are found to constitute harassment, moderators will initially respond with a warning to the perpetrator.
- Continued harassment will result in the user being banned (at Interchange’s discretion).
- If you think a ban was unjustified, please contact the moderators.